Where are you located?
- BSK Storage is located at 1150 West Street, Valparaiso, Indiana, one block North of Route 30 at the intersection of Marsh and West Streets, about 1 mile west of the intersection of Routes 2 & 30.
Do you have climate controlled storage units?
- Yes. These buildings have a central hallway through which the units are accessed. The units in these buildings are doubly secured with a lock on the door of the main entrance, and your individual unit door will have the lock you provide.
Do you rent month to month?
- Yes, typical rentals are on a month-to-month basis, with rental periods renewing automatically each successive month until the lease is terminated.
Are there multi-month or pre-pay discounts when renting a unit?
- No, we do not currently offer discounts for pre-paying a number of months. Call the office at 219-364-6016 to get the latest information on discounts.
Do you require a Security Deposit for renting a unit?
- Yes, all rentals at BSK require a Security Deposit at the time of initially renting the unit (Move-In to the computer and signing the rental agreement). Security Deposits will be fully refunded provided conditions of the rental agreement have all been met, proper notice to terminate lease (Move Out) has been given, and the unit is left completely empty with no damage to the unit or property.
How are leases terminated?
- Leases are simply terminated when you inform us two weeks prior to your desired move-out date, in order for us to schedule your Move Out and to inform any future tenant’s inquiries about a particular size unit becoming available.
Does BSK provide locks to the units, and who keeps the key?
- BSK does not provide locks to any unit. We do however, sell locks at the office, or you can bring your own lock. We do not keep keys to any unit, you are responsible for your own key.
What is the difference between business/office hours and access hours?
- Office hours: the hours our main office is open to process Move-Ins, take payments, process Move-Outs, etc. The current office hours are:
--> Monday through Friday: 9:00am to 5:00pm
--> Saturday: 9:00am to 3:00p
--> Sundays and major holidays: CLOSED
- Access hours: the hours the automatic gate is open giving you access to your storage unit. The current gate access hours are:
--> 7 days per week: 6:00am to 9:00pm
Do you provide insurance on my goods and am I required to have insurance on my goods in order to store them?
- The Answer is multi faceted, please read all information:
- No, BSK does NOT provide insurance for the goods you store in your unit or in the outside storage areas.
- You are not required to carry insurance on your stored items, however it is STRONGLY SUGGESTED that you contact your insurance agent to add a storage rider to your policy to cover your stored goods.
- Yes, BSK requires proof of insurance on any vehicle, boat, trailer, etc that is stored in the outside storage areas.
Do you have storage for boats, RV's and trailers?
- Yes. We have an outside fenced and separately secured storage area for all your vehicle storage needs.
- If you have a need for indoor heated storage for a vehicle, boat, or RV/camper, or any other type of vehicle less than 31' feet long and 12' tall, please call our affiliated storage facility: Alpha Self Storage in Michigan City, Indiana at 219-262-1977.